We’ve alerted you to the problem of Glyphosate before today. Sadly, now it has been revealed that it’s far more pervasive than we thought possible.
- The Facts:
Glyphosate: a carcinogenic chemical found in an alarming number of food products.
Traces have even been found in companies that employ the “Organic” label.
- Think on this:
Think about what you buy and consume. Vote with your dollar and opt out of foods that contain this chemical. You’ll be sending the only message Monsanto takes notice of. The power lies in our shopping preferences!
After so many false starts and failed attempts, the corporate behemoth Monsanto, an organization that claims the title of the answer to global food shortages and claims to be “working to help farmers grow food more sustainably” has been outed. It’s currently facing backlash after a $300 million lawsuit settled proving that glyphosate, the active ingredient in the Roundup herbicide, causes cancer.
The company was found guilty of malice and covering up the fact that their most popular product does indeed cause cancer.
On the Monsanto website, they still claim that “Glyphosate has a 40-year history of safe and effective use. In evaluations spanning those four decades, the overwhelming conclusion of experts worldwide, including the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), has been that glyphosate can be used safely.”
Still, it’s actually great news because this story was too big to be kept from the mainstream. Many of us are starting to wake up to the fact that Monsanto isn’t the dependable corporate citizen they would like you to believe. Even though we’ve seen years of mounting evidence that glyphosate is carcinogenic, Monsanto has been able to simply deny the fact, stating that no products contain a high enough level to pose a risk, failing to acknowledge the cumulative effect within the body. Might is right.
Americans have applied 1.8 million tons of glyphosate since its introduction in 1974. Worldwide, 9.4 million tons of the chemical have been sprayed onto fields. For comparison, that’s equivalent to the weight of water in more than 2,300 Olympic-size swimming pools. It’s also enough to spray nearly half a pound of Roundup on every cultivated acre of land in the world.” ~Newsweek
Firstly, we need to understand that it can be difficult to know exactly which products are genetically modified, and likely to contain Monsanto’s Roundup herbicide or some form of glyphosate.
In the past, a safe bet was to be sure to purchase only organic products; but in recent years even certain brands of organic foods have been compromised as glyphosate has been found in some of these as well.
Our thanks to WakingTimes for providing this list of foods containing glyphosate: And yes, it’s a USA list, but wherever you are there are brands you’ll recognise.
- Original Cheerios
- Honey Nut Cheerios
- Annie’s Gluten Free Bunny Cookies Cocoa & Vanilla
- Kellog’s Corn Flakes
- Kellog’s Raisin Bran
- Kashi Organic Promise
- Kellog’s Special K
- Kellog’s Frosted Flakes
- Cheez-It Original
- Cheez-It Whole Grain
- Kashi Soft Bake Cookies, Oatmeal, Dark Chocolate
- Ritz Crackers
- Triscuit Crackers
- Oreo Original
- Oreo Double Stuf Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- Oreo Double Stuf Golden Sandwich Cookies
- Stacy’s Simply Naked Pita Chips (Frito-Lay)
- Lay’s: Kettle Cooked Original
- Doritos: Cool Ranch
- Fritos (Original) (100% Whole Grain)
- Goldfish crackers original (Pepperidge Farm)
- Goldfish crackers colors
- Goldfish crackers Whole Grain
- Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies
- Oatmeal Cookies Gluten Free
- 365 Organic Golden Round Crackers
- Back to Nature Crispy Cheddar Crackers
- Breakfast Cereals as Tested by the Environmental Working Group (2018)
- Nature’s Path Organic Honey Almond granola
- Back to Nature Classic Granola
- Quaker Simply Granola Oats, Honey, Raisins & Almonds
- Back to Nature Banana Walnut Granola Clusters
- Nature Valley Granola Protein Oats ‘n Honey
- KIND Vanilla, Blueberry Clusters with Flax Seeds
- Instant Oats
- Giant Instant Oatmeal, Original Flavor
- Simple Truth Organic Instant Oatmeal, Original
- Quaker Dinosaur Eggs, Brown Sugar, Instant Oatmeal
- Great Value Original Instant Oatmeal
- Umpqua Oats, Maple Pecan
- Market Pantry Instant Oatmeal, Strawberries & Cream
- Oat Breakfast Cereal
- Kashi Heart to Heart Organic Honey Toasted cereal
- Cheerios Toasted Whole Grain Oat Cereal
- Lucky Charms
- Barbara’s Multigrain Spoonfuls, Original, Cereal
- Kellogg’s Cracklin’ Oat Bran oat cereal
- Snack Bar
- Cascadian Farm Organic Harvest Berry, granola bar
- KIND Oats & Honey with Toasted Coconut
- Nature Valley Crunchy Granola Bars, Oats ‘n Honey
- Quaker Chewy Chocolate Chip granola bar
- Kellogg’s Nutrigrain Soft Baked Breakfast Bars, Strawberry
- Whole Oats
- 365 Organic Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
- Quaker Steel Cut Oats
- Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- Bob’s Red Mill Steel Cut Oats
- Nature’s Path Organic Old Fashioned Organic Oats
- Whole Foods Bulk Bin conventional rolled oats
- Bob’s Red Mill Organic Old Fashioned Rolled Oats (4 samples tested)
- Orange Juice Brands as Tested by Moms Across America(2017)
- Minute Maid
- Stater Bros.
- Signature Farms
- Ben & Jerry’s Ice Creams
- Staple Crops as Reported by Friends of the Earth Europe(2013)
- Soybean fodder
- Cotton seed
- Maize grain
- Barley straw and fodder Grass hay
- Sugar beet
- Women’s Feminine Hygiene Products
- Human Breast Milk as Reported by Mercola(2014)
- Certain Vaccines
- Cotton Clothing Products
- Rainwater Samples(2014)
- Human Urine samples
- Groundwater Supplies
Ian: So what are you going to do about it?
I understand that it seems yet another damn thing to care about, worry and fret about, and I know many people we talk to are at the stage of serious overload. But we are talking about carcinogens here.
My action plan?
Farmers’markets. organic unprocessed. Simple and achievable. Steady as she goes, Cap’n!
Oh yes, and of course! Check your water supply and ASK if they have tested for glyphosate. The UltraStream will remove it, but if you don’t yet have one.. you need to know what you are drinking!