Replacement Pre-Filter for Fluoride Removal
- Replacement cartridge for 10″ Casing
See the Fluoride Pre-Filter Complete for UltraStream with Casing and Cartridge deal
- The UltraStream will remove up to 78% fluoride, the fluoride pre-filter removes up to 70% and together they will remove up to 95% of the fluoride from your water.
Activated Alumina* is manufactured from aluminium hydroxide by dehydroxylating it in a way that produces a highly porous material; this material can have a surface area significantly over 200 square metres/gram. The compound is used as a filter of fluoride, arsenic and selenium in drinking water.
Used in conjunction with a KDF-based filter (already in the UltraStream) will filter any possible activated alumina eluted from the fluoride filter.
*Activated Alumina is not made from Aluminium. It is made from the same material as rubies and sapphires. This material will not harm those persons will Thyroid issues.
The material in this prefilter removes fluoride through a chemical reaction with the media; thus the removal is not dependent on ion exchange*.
The filter contains specially processed Crystalline Activated Alumina to reduce fluoride in source water. The cartridges are designed to perform at slow controlled flow rates to ensure maximum performance by the media.
Cartridges contain a synthetic aluminium oxide* that is specially processed to have a minimum of fines and other foreign matter. The material removes fluoride through a chemical reaction with the media, thus the removal is not dependent on ion exchange.
The material has a uniform particle size similar to ion exchange resins. It has minimal shrinkage or swelling and low pressure loss. It is physically stable and can be used over a wide pH range.
Fluoride is removed by a chemical reaction with the media. The process is flow and pH sensitive. The best results are obtained when the flow is limited to 1gpm/cu.ft and the pH is held at 5.5. Higher flows and higher or lower pH causes a loss of capacity.
It is estimated that at 1ppm fluoride in the water the filter will cope with approx 2000L before needing change.
Additionally, the filter is excellent at removing arsenic and lead.
Arsenic removal – is very pH sensitive and capacity decreases rapidly when the pH is below 5.5 or above 6. Arsenic removal is also affected by temperature and by the TDS (total dissolved solids) of the feed water. Increasing temperature increases capacity while increasing TDS decreases capacity.
Dissolved lead is adsorbed by the media. Capacity for lead is at least 0.4lb per cu.ft while maintaining greater than 98 percent lead removal. This process is not dramatically affected by flow rate, temperature or TDS. However, pH should be maintained above 6.0 as lead removal drops under acidic conditions and below 10 as lead precipitates under basic conditions.
* Ion Exchange filters are often presented as fluoride filters. Unfortunately, although they do remove up to 60% of the fluoride from drinking water, they store it and once ion exchange reduces through usage, all the stored fluoride will be re-released into the water.
We provide free delivery on all products placed via our web store.
How we send your products
We use Amazon fulfilment centres to provide prompt delivery of all UltraStream-related orders in the USA.
If you order the UltRO we'll send it direct from our manufacturing facility in California.
All of our products carry the AlkaWay 'No Worries' Warranty.
SevenPoint2 products are delivered from the SevenPoint2 warehouse.
- Replacement Filter UltraStream Water Alkalizer
- Constructed from EPA approved polypropylene. No BPA.
- All filtration media US and EU test body approved.
- Made in the USA under AlkaWay’s supervision.
- The patent pending UltraStream filter uses the highest quality patented filter media plus exclusive O-Dobi alkalizing, ionizing and hydrogen producing media. It also supplies infused magnesium and calcium through the life of the filter, calculated and tested over 950 gallons (3600 liters).
- A ‘new water ionizer with every filter change’. Complete ionizing system integrated within each filter.
UltRO Replacement Filter Set Deal
– Replace all the filters in your UltRO for less than buying them individually
- Pleated Sediment filter
- Carbon Filter
- Reverse Osmosis Membrane
- AlkaLina Alkalizing, Ionizing and Molecular Hydrogen making Cartridge
PLEASE NOTE: The Hydrogen Diffuser Cartridge is NOT included in this deal as they only need to be replaced rarely if ever.