Optimal Whole House Water Filtration System
High Flow Cartridge Specifications and Operation
We know important it is to ensure that your family has the safest drinking water. After many years in the water filtration industry, AlkaWay have simplified all the options available to us down to 2 main systems: Essential Whole House Filtration System (2 stages) and Optimal Whole House Filtration System (3 stages).
We don’t cut back on quality or cut corners by using overseas housings. We use black and gray cartridge housings with newly patented 222 cartridge connection technology. They are manufactured in the United States and are covered by our USA manufacturer’s warranty, which is one of the best in the industry today.
High Flow Cartridges
- Sediment cartridges remove visible particulate matter, and any particles like dirt, sand, dust, and debris that are caught in the micron-rating fibers. They also remove turbidity from water. Turbidity is the cloudiness caused in water by the heavy presence of suspended solids in the water.
- The Ultra-D sub-micro cartridges removing submicron pathogens and inorganic contaminants (Read more below).
- Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) cartridges for Town Water: For chlorine, odor and chemical removal. At 90 PSI you get a flow of up to 4.0 US gallon per minutes.
Optimal Whole House Filtration System has been designed to be installed at the main water supply line into your house. If you have either 1″ or 3/4″ pipes, then this filtration system will be ideal for you.
Optimal is a three stage system designed for ultimate safe water for your home. Each cartridge should last up to 12 months. This will depend on your water usage over that time and the condition of your water source. So, it may be sooner than 12 months or longer than 12 months before you will need to replace the filter cartridges.
These cartridges do not remove fluoride. Fluoride can be removed (mostly) when used in conjunction with the UltraStream – The world’s most advanced water filter unit. The UltraStream purifies, alkalizes, ionizes and infuses your water with molecular hydrogen. Ideally, it would be added in the kitchen for your drinking and cooking water.
Optimal Whole House Replacement cartridges
Optimal Whole House System replacement cartridges set – (Learn More)
- 5-micron Sediment cartridges 20″ x 4.5″
- Ultra-D Sub-micron cartridges 20″ x 4.5″
- 20-micron Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) cartridges 20″ x 4.5″
Sediment cartridge removes visible particulate matter, and any particles like dirt, sand, dust and debris that is caught in the micron-rating fibers. It also removes turbidity from water. Turbidity is the cloudiness caused in water by the heavy presence of suspended solids in the water.
The ULTRA-D Sub-micron cartridge is manufactured by using a proprietary, patented, electro-adsorptive media technology, capable of removing submicron pathogens and inorganic contaminants through electro-adhesion and ion exchange. The media consists of coated micro-glass type fibers produced using a wet-laid non-woven manufacturing technology. The base media is laminated between layers of spun-bond to provide both strength and pleat support. This technology makes it possible for a non-woven media to produce filtration efficiency comparable to ultra membrane filtration. The advantage being that this is done with very low-pressure drops and maintaining high flow rates across the system. The result is a high loading capacity filter that can work well in fresh, brackish or salty water.
- Wider pH operating window (4 – 9pH)
- Very low-pressure drop (approximately 2 psi)
The media in the ULTRA-D filter is NSF 61-approved (Drinking Water System Components-Health Effects), and USP Class VI testing and endotoxin testing.
The ULTRA-D filter reduces or removes the following pathogens:
>99.99% viruses (polio, rotavirus, norovirus, etc.)**
>99.99% bacteria (e coli, legionella, pseudomonas, etc.)**
>99.95% cysts (giardia, cryptosporidium, etc.)**
The ULTRA-D filter removes or reduces the following heavy metals:
>80% Ferrous Iron**
>95% Arsenic V**
**Tested by a certified laboratory in the U.S. (testing was done at 6.5pH)
The Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) media cartridge removes or reduces chlorine, odor and chemicals. At 90 PSI you get a flow of up to 4.0 US gallon per minutes.
Housing and cartridges, Features and Benefits
- Black and Gray – Made in the USA California.
- Ultimate Materials – Built with chemical resistant reinforced Polypropylene.
- High Pressure Housings – Pressure tested well beyond industry standards: 125°F and 125 psi.
- Commercial Grade – These rugged housings are heavy duty and built to last.
- Flowrate – up to 25 GPM.
- Cartridge double O-Ring eliminates bypass and blowby to ensure 100% filtration, unlike double open-end (DOE) cartridges.