FREE Shipping on orders over $99

20+ YEARS Water Specialists

How to get rid of mould naturally

How to get rid of mould naturally

Say goodbye to mould without using harsh chemicals.

This summer, excessive rain, flooding and increased humidity has caused mould to run rampant in homes across Australia. But what is mould and why is it so bad for us?

Mould on the move

Mould is a type of fungus that grows on plants, fibres and other materials and often occurs in damp, musty locations such as bathrooms, basements and attics, although it can show up anywhere in your home. Mould travels through the air as tiny spores, which like to make their home in wet areas where they can germinate. Mould can be black but also white, green, blue, pink or yellow: And it can be furry, slimy or powdery. Some moulds have musty, stale or earthy odours too.

Mould is a health risk

Mould isn’t just an eye-sore, it is also an allergen and irritant. Mould spores can be inhaled when they become airborne causing breathing issues for people who are asthmatic or prone to household allergies. Excessive mould in your home or workplace can cause mild to serious health issues over time. Infants, children, the elderly and people with compromised immune systems are most at risk when mould starts to develop.

Mould can be expensive

If mould takes hold it can be expensive and time consuming to get rid of. Mould specialists can cost up to $350+ per room and if not treated properly, mould can return.

Where can mould grow?

Mould is aggressive and will try to grow on all your household and workplace surfaces including on:

  • Wood
  • Plastics
  • Cement and concrete
  • Plaster and gypsum
  • Rubber
  • Metals
  • Paints
  • Fabrics/Wool/Vinyl/Leather
  • Plants/Soils
  • Fibreglass
  • Humidifiers
  • Glass

Get onto mould problems fast

If you have mould in your home or workplace, take immediate action to prevent further spread and contamination. The first step is identifying areas of excessive moisture and getting them fixed. To ensure mould doesn’t continue to form, make sure your space has good ventilation, especially in damp-prone areas.

Use an eco-friendly and sustainable solution

The next step is treating the mould that is already in your home or workplace. AlkaWay has created a chemical free method that helps to remove mould. The HOCL Natural Cleaner is an electrolysing sprayer bottle that makes its own sanitising liquid – Hypochlorus Acid (HOCl or HClO) through electrolysis of simple tap water. Which means you don’t have to keep buying chemicals or pay for costly removal services.

Better than bleach

HOCl has the same active ingredient as bleach (Cl) but is much safer and more eco-friendly. HOCL is also 50 times more effective than using regular bleach. Our portable HOCl generator is a natural mould killing weapon it’s a great way to keep your family safe.

HOCL is used in various industries such as health care, food safety, water treatment, and general hygiene. It’s even used by our immune system to destroy disease-forming pathogens. This eco-friendly sanitising water cleans, sanitises and deodorises your home and office.

Mould facts

  1. Mould needs water, oxygen and food to grow but it can grow almost anywhere there is water, high humidity or damp conditions.
  2. Bleach does not permanently kill mould.
  3. Painting over mould will not kill or seal it up.
  4. Just because you can’t see mould, doesn’t mean that you don’t have it.
  5. Before you consider cleaning up mould you should detect and repair the moisture source first, otherwise mould will return.

To learn more about mould, visit the NSW Health site: Mould Fact Sheet.

What Our Clients Say
1409 reviews